15 Things That Suck About Being A Gringo In Panama
I love living in Panama, but being a Gringo here does come with a few disadvantages. Here’s a Buzzfeed style list of 15 Things That Suck About Being A Gringo In Panama:
1. Being the first to arrive to a party.
2. We just don’t look right dancing to salsa.
3. Or reggaeton.
4. Finding a good place to get a haircut.
5. Saying hello to each individual person in the room.
6. And then saying goodbye to each individual person in the room.
7. Getting overcharged for things because people think all gringos are rich.
8. No one thinks your jokes are funny.
9. Wearing jeans in 90 degree weather in an attempt to stop looking so gringo.
10. Laughing whenever Spanish speaking friends laugh so people don’t realize how clueless you are.
11. Learning that bills have to be paid in person.
12. No dishwashers.
13. Finding out Netflix and Hulu only have half the shows available here. (There is a way around that)
14. No addresses.
15. Driving two hours to a Panamanian friend’s beach house but never going to the beach.
Despite all these things we love it here!